Middle School Tech: Goals & Objectives
- This lab will focus heavily upon 'digital citizenship'. It will also introduce features of Google Drive that will prove useful in other classes.
- Discuss issues related to acceptable and responsible use of technology (e.g., privacy, security, copyright, plagiarism, viruses, file-sharing)
- Discuss the consequences related to unethical use of information and communication technologies.
- Discuss the long term ramifications (digital footprint) of participating in questionable online activities (e.g., posting photos of risqué poses or underage drinking, making threats to others).
- Describe the potential risks and dangers associated with online communications.
- Apply common software features (e.g., spellchecker, thesaurus, formulas, charts, graphics, sounds) to enhance communication with an audience and to support creativity.
- Identify effective uses of technology to support communication with peers, family, or school personnel.